Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My God

Have you ever thought what it would be like if we didn't have the Lord walking around with us? I have and I wouldn't like it one bit. I believe it would be a lonely world and it would be a really scary situation, we have so much with the Lord and to not have Him would be a horrible thing.


I would like to write about some of the ways I feel about the Lord.

God is the Creator of all things. Genesis 1:1; "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth". The Bible tells us God created everything. Genesis 1:26; "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." So, I know I was made in the image and likeness of God and so were you. Isn't this awesome?
He is my friend and I am His friend. James 2:23; "...and he was called the Friend of God". Proverbs 17:17; "A friend loveth at all times..." God loves me all of the time and always will. He may not like what I do or say but He loves me. Because I love Him and am His friend I will always do what He wants me to (I may have a talk with Him about this) but I know that in the end I will do what He wants me to do. He would never ask me to do anything that I wasn't able to do.

I know the Lord will always be with me. His Word tells me this. Matthew 28:20; "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen". We know the Lord never lies so I know He will always be with me. No matter if I am poor, humble, apparently unimportant, or weak He cares for me. He will take care of me with concern. He knows every trial and struggle that I go through and gives me grace that is sufficient and His presence to help me.

He is my Help. Psalm 33:20; "Our soul waiteth for the Lord: He is our help and our shield". God is the only one I can depend on to help, He will protect me as a shield would. Why would I want anyone else that would not be able to protect me as He does?

The Lord is my Light. His light will always be there to show me the way. Psalm 119:105; "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path". God's Word has spiritual principles that help me to avoid tragedies, potential disasters, and many sorrows I might have made from wrong decisions and choices. I must always cherish it's wisdom and hold on to its instructions in my life's situation.

I know God will keep me from evil. II Thessalonians 3:3; "But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil". When I earnestly pray, I can be confident God will protect me from Satan. God will strengthen me so I can face any temptation that may overwhelm me and God will protect me from the strong forces of Satan.

I know God gave His only Son, Jesus Christ so I would not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16; "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life". Eternal life is the gift God gave me when I took Jesus as my Savior.

I know the Lord Jesus Christ loved me enough to die for me. John 15:13; "Great love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". I know of no one else that would do this for someone they don't know. I believe Dave would give his life for me but I also believe it would be very hard for him to give his life for people he didn't know. I believe it would be hard for anyone to give their life for someone they didn't know.

I know the Lord forgives me for my sins. I John 1:9; "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". All I have to do is admit I have sinned and ask for forgiveness and He will cleanse me. There is not one person that hasn't sinned. If anyone says they have not sinned they are a liar.

I know He is a faithful God. I Corinthians 1:9; "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. God called me to fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ.

These are just some of ways I feel about the Lord. I know there are many others and perhaps some day I will give you some more ways of the way I feel about God.

Perhaps you could leave a comment on how you feel about the Lord.

Thank you for stopping by and may you know the peace of the Lord. Blessings!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Today I am so thankful for God. I am thankful every day, but today...I just feel His presence in my life and I am so thankful that I have Him and His Word. I cannot imagine one minute of my life without His presence. Thank you for these reminders today!

Jenifer Metzger said...

Oh God is so wonderful and amazing! I would not want to live a single moment without Him!