Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vitamin F

Each of us has many friends and no two are alike. Each one has something different to offer that the other one doesn't. While we appreciate them all, thank goodness each one is different. There is one Friend we have that offers all the different things each of our friends offer us plus much, much more, that Friend is Jesus Christ. He is a Friend that will never lead us astray. He is one Friend we never want to let go and we want our relationship to continue to grow. We need to remember to talk to Him daily.


This was sent to me by one of my dearest friends, my husband. What would I ever do without him?
Vitamin F

Why do I have a variety of friends who are all different in character?
Some of them can be considered marginal even.
How do I get along with them all?
I think that each one helps to bring out a 'different' part of me.
With one I am a polite, sophisticated girl.
I joke with another friend.
I sit down and talk about serious matters with one of them.
With another I laugh and giggle at every silly thing.
I have my tea with one.
And dance with another.
I listen to one friend's problems and give her advice.
Then I listen to another advising me.
They are all like pieces of a jigsaw.
When completed they form a treasure box.
A treasure of friends!
They are my friends, who understand me better than myself.
Supporting me through good days and bad days.
They are like colorful anti-depressants that I take on different days.
Doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.
One doctor calls them Vitamin F (Friends) and counts the benefits of
friends to our well being.

I am so happy that I have a stock of Vitamin F!
____________________

We need to remember while each friend has something special to offer us; we need to make sure this friend loves the Lord with all of their heart. If the friend doesn't love Jesus that friend will tell us of their feelings of the world and could try to turn us away from the Lord. Even though this person has things about them that we might enjoy their not loving the Lord should tell us we should be careful of them. James 4:4; "...know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God". If someone doesn't love the Lord they are a friend of the world and an enemy of God's so it is best not to be a friend with them. This doesn't mean we should not tell them about the Lord and His love for us and the things He has done for us. This is something we should tell them; we are to share the Gospel with everyone. Bring them to the truth of the Light.

May you always know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!

2 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

I am so very blessed to have a Godly family and a group of Godly sweet sisters. I have a big dose of vitamin F! Love that!

Kandi said...

Great post Deane. I often struggle with this especially when it comes to my family, I am the only believer and they are the only family I have, so often after a visit I feel the tension rising inside me and the knots in my stomach, I haven't figured out how to balance my life as a believer with their life as lovers of the world. Blessings to you Deane, you gave alot to think about today.