Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Untie The Knots

What is in our hearts or mind that is stopping us from working for the Lord?


Some of us seem to have a lot of different things that we believe cause us to think we are not good enough to do work for the Lord. God doesn't call the qualified He qualifies the called. So there is no reason why we should not step out and work for Him as it may just be you that He has called. The thoughts are just be in our mind and if we can rid ourselves of these thoughts we will be able to step out and do for the Lord.

I received the following and I thought it fit right in with what I was saying about the things being the cause for not working for the Lord. We do have a lot of 'nots' that will stop us from doing what the Lord has called us to do.

Dear God,
Please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.

Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.

Erase all the will nots,
may nots,
may nots that may find,
a home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all,
Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart and my life all of the am nots'
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that I am not good enough.
Amen

Author Known To God

With these 'nots' in our mind and heart we need to just pray and ask the Lord to remove them so we will be able to work and do exactly what the Lord has asked us to do. It sure won't hurt to try, will it?

May you always know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!

3 comments:

Debi said...

I LOVE that. I have never heard it before but it so definitely applies. Thank you for sharing. I think I may have to copy it and post it on my fridge or somewhere.

I love you, Mama!

Jenifer Metzger said...

That is great! God please remove MY nots!

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

This was wonderful Deane! Loved it!

I pray that my Knots and nots are all lifted from me as well!

Have a Blessed Day!