Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is Everything Taxed

There is not a day that goes by that we don't pay taxes of some sort. It seems as though taxes just keep going up and up. I hear people saying we are being taxed to death, perhaps this is so. Have you ever wondered if there is anything that you have that isn't taxed?


I found the following and it is so true, there are some things that are not taxable.

Taxes

A tax assessor came one day to a poor Christian to
determine the amount of taxes he would have to pay. The
following conversation took place:

"What property do you possess"? asked the assessor.

"I am a very wealthy man", replied the Christian.

"List your possessions, please". The assessor instructed.

The Christian said:

"First, I have everlasting life",
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten
Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but
have everlasting life".

"Second, I have a mansion in heaven",
 John 14:2
"In my Father's house are many mansions:
if it were not so, I would have told you. I
go to prepare a place for you".

"Third, I have peace that passes all understanding",
Philippians 4:7
"And the peace of God, which passeth all
understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds
through Christ Jesus".

"Fourth, I have joy unspeakable",
I Peter 1:8
"Whom having not seen, ye love;
in whom, though now ye see him not,
yet believing, ye rejoice with joy
unspeakable and full of glory":

"Fifth, I have divine love which never fails",
I Corinthians 13:8
"Charity never faileth:"...

"Sixth, I have a faithful wife",
Proverbs 31:10
"Who can find a virtuous woman?
for her price is far above rubies".

"Seventh, I have obedient Children",
Exodus 20:12
"Honour thy father and thy mother:
that thy days may be long upon the land
which the Lord thy God giveth thee".

"Eighth, I have true, loyal friends",
Proverbs 18:24
"A man that hath friends must show himself
friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh
closer than a brother".

"Ninth, I have songs in the night",
Psalm 42:8
"Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness
in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be
with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life".

"Tenth, I have a crown of life",
James 1:12
"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation:
for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life,
which the Lord hath promised to them that love him".
The tax assessor closed his book, and said, "Truly you are a very rich man,
but your property is not subject to taxation".

I pray that of you will have this kind of tax free 'wealth'.

Have a richly blessed day and may you always know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!

4 comments:

Debi said...

What an amazing way to look at things. It sure puts 'things' into perspective. Yes, I truly am rich.

Thank you for this beautiful post.

Love you!

Kandi said...

Deane,

What a lovely way to put things in perspective, I am truly rich in the things that matter most.

Blessings to you Deane

Jenifer Metzger said...

What a great way to look at it! We are wealthy and on this special wealth we are not taxed.

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Wonderful post Deane! It's amazing how we miss sometimes how truly wealthy we are... And tax free too! :-)

Have a Blessed Day!