Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Comfort And Joy

This is such a joyful season, Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Savior!


All of us have a favorite season and some of us have more than just the one. I am not really sure why but this Christmas really seems special to me. I feel so much comfort with joy in my heart.

I feel at times Satan is trying to take my joy away but I refuse to let him do it. The Lord wants all of us to be full of joy and that is what I am going to do.

Psalm 35:9; "And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in His salvation." My joy is in the Lord. I know above any doubt the Lord will be with me, comfort me, will talk with me, and keep me from harm. There is no one else that will take care of me like the Lord and He will take care of everyone if they will just let Him.

II Corinthians 1:4; "Who comforteth us in all tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." How awesome to be comforted by God. Because we know of the importance to be comforted and was given the comfort by God we can comfort others that are in any trouble. We can have joy just from comforting someone that is in need. It is awesome the way God works.

If we go around thinking about the troubles we may have, you need to go to the Lord and ask Him for the comfort He so freely gives. When He has comforted you, how can you not have joy?

You need to give your troubles, sickness, anger, and bitterness to the Lord. If you don't give them to Him you are going to find yourself going deeper into these things. If you will just make up your mind and realize God is your answer, things will just fall into place. I am not saying you will never have any tribulation because you will. Our tribulations will make us stronger in the Lord. God may allow us to go through a certain thing so that it will actually help us in the long run. God never makes something bad happen to us, He will allow things (tribulations) to happen but He never makes them happen. Why is it so easy to blame God for bad things? How could a God with so much love, mercy, compassion, forgiveness, and understanding make something bad happen to us? He can't and won't.

I feel at times we, ourselves make bad things worse. If a person continually thinks about or worries about things in there life that are not happy things, how can they get better? They are bound to get much worse. God doesn't want this to happen as He wants us to have joy and wants us to be comforted.

It doesn't make any difference who you are, what you have done, or where you have been, God loves you and wants you to have happiness, be comforted, and have joy. Never think you can not call on Him, we are all sinners and we need the Lord Jesus Christ.

Don't let the joy be taken away from you. Be joyful and praise the Lord with joyful lips.

3 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

We can have joy in Christ despite our circumstances. He is the only true joy. Great post!

Debi said...

A merry heart does one good...like a medicine. I don't understand how we can have joy in the midst of the storm...yet the Joy of the Lord is our strength!!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron