Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Gospel

Christmas is such a busy time. People getting ready for Christmas, for some it is a tradition and others perhaps it is a first Christmas dinner with a special one.


For some it is a lonely time. I believe this is the worse part of any holiday, loneliness. Just knowing there are people that are alone. Some may not have a home. There are many reasons a person may be lonely.

Sometimes a person can be in a crowd of people and still be lonely. I believe some loneliness is caused because they don't have the Lord. This isn't because Jesus doesn't want to be with them but they haven't asked Him to be their Savior, it could be because no one has told them about the Lord Jesus Christ and told them what it means to have Jesus as their Savior.

People think because we live in America everyone has had the chance to be told about Jesus. I don't believe that is true. When I taught the Beginners Sunday School class a little boy came with a friend, he had never been in Sunday school or church before. I asked him if he knew Jesus and he said 'no.' I asked him if he would like to get acquainted with Jesus and he said, 'I guess so.' If he hadn't come to Sunday school with his friend he may never have found out who Jesus is and what Jesus has done for us. Not everyone has the chance to go to a Sunday School class or church.

John 1:10; 'He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not." There are people who reject Jesus so not everyone in the world will know Him or ever want to know Him. It is up to us to tell everyone we can about Jesus and His saving grace.

No matter where we are or who we meet we can always direct our conversation to Jesus just by asking a question or some other conversation. We can talk about joy, happiness, and even the weather to get Jesus into our conversation. If we will just allow the Holy Spirit to speak through us the conversation will be easy.

What does the Bible tell us? Mark 16:15; "And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Not everyone can be or is a pastor so for us believing in Jesus this means for us to tell people about Jesus and the gospel. Not everyone is called to be a pastor but everyone is called to share the gospel.

Acts 1:8; "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Jerusalem is like our family, Judaea would be like our neighborhoods, Samaria is like our towns, and the uttermost part would be the rest of the world. Where we can share Jesus and the gospel would be our family, neighborhood, and even the town we live in. We also need evangelists and missionaries as they are the ones that go to uttermost part of the earth to tell about Jesus and the gospel.

I want to share with everyone the truth of Jesus Christ, His saving grace, all the things Jesus has done for me, and will continue to do. We know what Christmas is all about, the joy of knowing our Lord Jesus Christ. Christmas is not about how many gifts we receive, there is only one gift that really matters and that is Jesus.

3 comments:

Debi said...

I definitely needed this post today. Thank you. I fail so miserably in 'sharing' Jesus with my Jerusalem and even my Judea. There are times when I am so busy with MY life, that I clearly do not see the hurting in other's lives. My husband tells me this all the time. I tend to get frustrated when I don't think things are the way I want them. I get snippy and 'take it out' on others. Lord, help me to see others with Your eyes and feel them with Your compassion.

Thank you for this post!

Jenifer Metzger said...

Great post. I want to share Christ with everyone I come in contact with. But for shy me, I have to take self out to do that. Something I am working on. Thanks for this.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this great post! You are so right - we may be the only Jesus some will ever see. I want people to see Jesus working in and through me. I desire to share His love to everyone.
Merry Christmas!!!