Monday, December 27, 2010

Our CHRISTmas Day

I trust all of you had a wonderful Christmas. We had a beautiful one, we went to Jenifer's home early Christmas morning about ten, for me to get away from my home at that time is early for me. All the kids, grandchildren, and great grandchildren were there and one of my granddaughter's boyfriend, twenty-eight of us in all. The house was full, the kids running around having fun with each other, the guys in the family room talking, and in the kitchen the ones cooking was busy getting the dinner ready so we could eat at noon.


The dinner was awesome. Everyone worked hard getting it just perfect. Jenifer had gotten the table ready before anyone arrived and it was beautiful as she always does such a beautiful job on everything, she must get some of that from her Mom. We visited somewhat during the meal, it was just great, all of us there and visiting. After the meal the table was cleared and things taken to the kitchen. The worst was yet to come, getting the food put away and the dishes washed but that was even done in a goodly fashion.

After the table was cleared off the exciting moment came. While the women had been cooking the men were talking and putting Scriptures in balloons and Jeremy (Jenifer's husband) was using helium to blow the balloons up and they were tied. Everyone had done their part to get everything ready. We all went outside with a balloon and Debi told everyone what was going on, then Jenifer prayed over the balloons and each individual prayed over their balloon silently. Then we all let them go. The beauty of seeing all those different colored balloons going up into the air was breath taking. One of the balloons got caught in a tree and burst, Clinton said, "what do I do now?" I told him that perhaps a neighbor needed a message from God or maybe needed to get to know Jesus. We just never know how God is going to go about doing things but when He does it, you know it will be done right.

This was my first time to be involved in letting balloons go up with Scriptures in them. I just can't get over the excitement of being part of this, then seeing those colorful balloons going up in the air, it was just so awesome. Just to think someone that may need something from God might be getting one of those balloons with a Scripture in it........ Praise the Lord, isn't this an awesome thought? Someone getting help from a balloon but it won't be just any balloon.

Some people think you have to do something great to be working for God but the truth is, it doesn't have to be big to be important to God. Whatever we do, we need to do it as if we were doing it for the Lord. Colossians 3:23; 'And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;' We need to make sure everything we do in word or deed is something we would do for the Lord. If it is something we wouldn't do in word or deed for the Lord, it is something we should not be doing it.

By doing the balloons like they were done, God may be using one or more of those Scriptures to get done what He is wanting done. I get so excited when I think about the Lord using me to help Him. I am just a lowly sinner that loves the Lord with all of my heart and I want to work for Him in everything I do. I want to be more like Him.

Thanks for reading about our Christmas day and I hope you have enjoyed it.

Did any of you do something on Christmas Day that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear about it.

3 comments:

Debi said...

It WAS a beautiful day! I, too, loved the balloon idea. I got goosebumps (and not from the FREEZING cold) watching the balloons as they soared off to their respective places. I know that God has a purpose and a plan for each balloon and scripture!

I love any time that our family gets together. There is nothing more important to this mama's heart than God and her family!

Jenifer Metzger said...

It was a great day! My daughter made the comment about the balloon stuck in the neighbor's tree as well. She told me that night that maybe he needed to know Jesus. I firmly believe that those balloons will go where God wants.

Heidi said...

What a wonderful idea!!! What a beautiful way to remember Him and focus on Him at Christmas. Thank you for sharing your Christmas experience!