Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Casting Our Cares Upon Jesus

We are always talking about praying to the Lord which is a must. When we pray about something that is bothering us we need to give it all to God. I know I have been really bad about telling God I am giving Him the problem and asking His will to be done but before I know it I have taken it back.


I Peter 5:7; "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." In that verse He is wanting us to cast ALL of our cares not just this one and that one. He wants them ALL. Why does He want them? Because He cares for us. If He didn't want all of our cares it would not have said 'all' and if He didn't care for us He would not have said He did. It is just that simple.

When we cast our cares whether it be our fears, hurts, or illness upon God it shows how much we care for Him and how much we trust Him. None of us would give our cares to someone we didn't know or trust as that would be outrageous but we can give them to the Lord without any hesitation. The Lord will gladly take them and we need to let Him have His will with them. We don't want to give them to Him and then tell Him how we want it done. That will never work. A lot of us are guilty of just that.

When we give unto Him our cares we must know He will take care of them as we must trust in Him. We can be assured if we give them to Him completely, trust Him, we will be well satisfied with what He does. All is well that God does.

Matthew 11:28; "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." This is a wonderful invitation given by Jesus and we should be willing to accept it. When the troubles of life and the sins by human nature are so that they are weighed down we can go to the Lord with them. By going to Jesus with our cares and obeying His direction we will be free from our burdens. We will have rest and peace.

By praying we renew our trust in the Lord for He is the one that cares for us. Peace will come to guard our hearts and minds caused by our communion with Jesus. God will strengthen us to do the things He desires of us. We receive mercy, grace, and help in out time of need. We can be confident all things God allows to happen to us will work out for our good.

All of this works together and all we have to do is cast our cares upon the Lord because He cares for us. This is such a wonderful plan God has for us, why would we not want to run to Him and cast our cares on Him?

Blessings!!

2 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

I want to run to Christ, give Him my problems and leave them at His feet. He can deal with them far better than I can. Thanks for this post.

Debi said...

I am so thankful that God is my hightower refuge! I can run to Him and He will protect me! What a blessing to know Him.

I so enjoy each of your posts! They are God-driven and full of His love!