Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Roaring Lion

I Peter 5:8; "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil,
as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour;"


Satan is always around just waiting to get his foot in the door. He doesn't have to start with something that is really big, something small will suffice to start wearing you down. He knows if he can place just a little anger, doubt, hurt, or anything that God doesn't want you to have, he can be well on his way in your life.

Tonight Dave was talking to me about insurance on the motorcycle and saying we could drop it for six months out of the year and it wouldn't be so expensive. Well, as he said we weren't on the same page in the same book. We weren't either. We pay for the motorcycle insurance for a year at a time and he was saying if we would pay for it at six month intervals then we could drop the amount of coverage in the months we didn't ride.

From there every little thing that came up I would just get angry about it. So now, the devil has gotten his foot in the door. Much easier to get Dave and me to argue. He knew if he could make Dave and me start to argue he would really have a hold on us. Anything could happen, maybe we would get so angry that we would stop talking to each other for awhile and then it could lead to bigger problems.

You see, the devil wants to tear families apart. He doesn't care who he hurts. When there is anger it doesn't just affect the ones that are angry with one another but it seems to start reaching out to others. It could affect our kids, then it could affect their kids, it could just go on and on. He would be devouring a lot of people just because Dave and I weren't 'on the same page in the same book'.

I finally went outside to talk to the Lord. I knew the Lord would talk to me and help me out in this. We need to always remember we can go to the Lord with any problem, great or small. He knows little things can and will at times run into bigger things. If we go immediately to the Lord we can stop the devil in his tracks. We are fully prepared to defeat the devil's schemes.

I Peter 5:7; "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you". Our cares, concerns, and fears can be given to the Lord. It doesn't say just to cast our BIG cares, concerns, and fears it says 'casting all' so this is what we should do. He is willing to help us through whatever is hurting us, anger hurts us so we need to let Him help us.

James 4:7; "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you". When I went to the Lord I was submitting to God, giving Him my situation and I was resisting the devil. I was telling the devil I wanted nothing to do with him and was not going to let him cause trouble. So the 'roaring lion' had to leave. He knew the Lord was on my side.

I John 4:4; "Ye are of God, little children and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world". With the Holy Spirit that dwells within us we can overcome Satan and his evil tactics. In my case, it was anger caused by miscommunication with Dave. Praise the Lord we have Jesus to go to in any type of situation, let us not let the situation get bigger than it should.

The next time the roaring lion tries to get to you, remember Jesus is only a prayer away.

Thank you for dropping by. May you always know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord.

2 comments:

Debi said...

I love this! It only takes an nth of a degree for Satan to decide he has a foothold! I love that you went immediately to God. I know that was the correct thing for you to do in order to "stop the devil in his tracks." Thank you for this reminder. All too often we give the stinkin' devil an inch...which promptly turns into a mile!

Jenifer Metzger said...

Satan will use any means possible to get us. But like you said, Jesus is only a prayer away.