Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I want to take the opportunity to wish the Mother's reading this post today a very Happy Mother's Day. This is your special day and I pray each of you have an exceptional day.


It is not easy being a Mother but we all make it and give praise to the Lord for the children He has given us. The first time you hold your child in your arms you know right then that being a mother is going to be one of the most wonderful things the Lord has given you. It doesn't make any difference if this is your first child or your tenth. The Lord has given us compensation for the trials and tribulations we have as we raise our children. Some have more problems than others but no matter all of it is worth it.

You see your child take his or her first step and hear their first words. What joy!
When they fall taking their first step you want to be the one that takes the hurt, you just don't want your child to get hurt.

When you hold on to that small hand when crossing a busy street you feel the love you have for your child. When the child falls and hurts themselves just giving them a hug and a kiss and telling them it will all be better. When your child looks up into your face and says "Mommy, I love you" everything is worth all the work.

When you see your child in his/her first Christmas program you burst with pride and think to yourself that is my child. When you see them play ball and they hit that ball whether it goes way out or just a few feet from home plate you are so proud.

When your child graduates from high school you are so proud that you don't know if you are going to be able to contain yourself but you do. You want to spend some time with them after the graduation exercise but they want to be with their friends. It is because you love them that you give them a hug and kiss and tell them to be extra careful and that you will see them later. Oh, the time goes so slow before you see them again.

Then comes the time they find someone and they fall in love and want to get married. You think to yourself about all the years that have passed and about the happy times along with the sad times. You tell them you wish them all the blessings of their new life all the while your heart is breaking then you think, I won't worry as much as they will have someone to look after them. If a Mother only knew, the worry is just beginning.

Then you are blessed with grandchildren, what a wonderful experience. You love them just as much as you do your own children but in a completely different way. You watch them grow and the same things happen all over again and you wish you could help your child out with some of the problems but somehow they manage just as you did.

The cycle continues, there are great-grandchildren and you thought you didn't have anymore love to give but there it is, more love than you had ever dreamed you could have.

God's love is the same way. He has more love than what we ever dreamed He could have. We may lose our way but we find our way back and He still loves us and is so glad we found our way back to Him.

Happy Mother's Day!

May you know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!

3 comments:

Debi said...

You made me cry! I could never have imagined the joys and heartaches of being a mother! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! All I ever wanted was to be a wife and mommy! God certainly blessed me.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms. And...being a mom doesn't necessarily mean being a mom by birth...if you care for or nurture a child or grandchild...you are a MOM!

Jenifer Metzger said...

Being a mom is the most rewarding job. I am so blessed and grateful for my children. I am also so very thankful for my mom and my mamaw. Love you!

Kandi said...

Thank you Deane, I appreciate your concern. Actually I typically only post a few days a week, I just seem to have a little more than usual to say lately. This week got unusually busy, getting my ducks in a row to start school in fall, doing my homework for the Christian Life and Witness Course at church, I had stuff going on with the student ministry a few days this week, and a few job interviews, and taking care of everyday responsibilities. time got away from me. Thank you for your concern, it is nice knowing people are thinking about you.

Blessings.