Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Leaving It With God

Proverbs 15:29; "The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous".

We pray to the Lord to take care of a problem for us or to fulfill a dream we may have. Many times our problem is, we never really let go of the problem or give the request completely to Him about what we want. What do we do? We take it back and try to handle the problem on our own and try to figure out a way of getting exactly what we want. Do we think He may be to slow at answering our request? Just remember it is done in His time and not ours.

Sometimes we may put our trust in another person to solve our problem or to help us get what we have asked of the Lord. Psalm 118:8; "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man". The Word of God is telling us to trust in the Lord and not put our confidence in man. I wonder why it tells us that. Could it be because God will do a much better job? I know the Lord will do a better job than I can do.

Psalm 37:7; "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him..." The next time you ask the Lord to take care of something for you, be sure to leave it there, God is capable of taking care of anything you may ask of Him.

I received a poem about giving it to the Lord and leaving it with Him.

Broken Dreams

As children bring
their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams
to God
because He is my friend!

But then instead
of leaving Him
in peace to work alone,
I hung around
and tired to help
with ways
that were my own.

At last I snatched them back
and cried,
"How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said
"What could I do?
You never did let go."

Author Unknown

May you always feel the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!



4 comments:

Debi said...

This is so very true. I have likened giving my prayers to God in this way: My prayers are like a child's 'paddle ball.' As I play with the prayers bouncing them (the ball) off the paddle (God), they are attached by a string. If I cut the string and just let the prayers go...then, and only then, have I truly let go to let God! Wonderful post. Thank you.

Jenifer Metzger said...

Love that!! I don't know why we don't turn to God first and let go. Do we actually think we can do better than the Creator of all?? Great post.

Kandi said...

I love that poem! Do you mind if I use it? I just love that because I am so guilty of handing it over to God and them taking it back when He doesn't work on my timetable.

Deane said...

Kandi, you can certainly use the poem. I liked it because it really describes how I feel at times. God's time is better than ours. Thanks for dropping by and blessings.