Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Deliver Me From The Evil One

My special place to talk with the Lord is right outside the back door by the patio on a bench we have there. I can look across the pasture and see all of the beautiful trees, birds, and sometimes the deer will come up where I throw apple wafers to them and feed them some corn, once in awhile I will see a few wild turkeys. It is so peaceful out there. Satan also knows that is where I go to talk to the Lord and he tries all sorts of tricks to get me interested in other things but the Lord.

Well, Satan was there again today. There are times I have to cry out to the Lord so that I can talk to Him. I know God will help, I just ask Him to deliver me from Satan. I want my quiet time with the Lord without any interruptions and I know the Lord knows I want this time with Him.

Psalm 140:1; "DELIVER ME, O Lord, from the evil man: preserve me from the violet man"; Satan is our greatest enemy; he is the one that seeks to snare and destroy us. There was One who came to earth to defeat the works of Satan; that one being Jesus Christ. Jesus is the one than will deliver us from Satan. It was through His death and resurrection that Jesus initiated the defeat of Satan.

Christians should pray constantly for deliverance from Satan. We should always be aware of the temptations and schemes of Satan. We need to stand firm in our faith so that we will be able to resist him. Satan will always try to pull us away from Jesus Christ. We need to always pray for deliverance from Satan, his power, and the schemes he comes up with to pull us away from the Lord.

There are so many ways Satan will try to draw us away from the Lord. Some of the ways are through sickness, the loss of loved one, financial problems, trouble with someone at work or school, the car breaks down or an argument with your spouse. He doesn't care how he does it as long as you get angry with God and perhaps walk away from Him. This makes him reallllllly happy; we certainly don't want him to be happy.

When things come along and you just can't seem to get away from Satan, call on the Lord for deliverance from that evil one. The Lord is always there when you call on Him and He wants to help you.

Don't let the evil one take your time with the Lord away from you. Your time with the Lord is so important. Just tell Satan to take a hike that your time with the Lord is valuable and you don't want him around.

May you always know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!




Barb is a little stronger today so she is improving somewhat. Every little bit is good though and I praise the Lord for whatever improvement she has. This is going to be a slow process. Byron understands her a little bit but not a lot. It is so hard for her to speak but she is trying. They did a CT Scan and we should know the results tomorrow. Prayerfully it will be good news.


Again, thanks for all the prayers you have been saying for her and the family. I don't know what we would do without them. Blessings to each one of you.


 

5 comments:

Debi said...

I absolutely love the 'place' you have as your special spot to spend time with God. It is so beautiful looking out on the pasture and such. Sitting on the patio is a wonderful place to meet with God! Satan tries every trick in the book and them some to distracts us. If we are aware of that, perhaps we will be less likely to fall to his temptations. Thank you for reminding me of the tactics of the enemy!

Love you!

Jenifer Metzger said...

I really wish we lived in a place where I could see the sun come up while I have my time with God. But where we are, there is a house blocking my view. Your place is beauitful!

Satan does come to mess with us, but through Christ, we have the authority to tell him to get lost! Great post!

Kandi said...

Satan has been busy, he got me good last week. I so needed to hear these words today Deane, thank you they spoke right to my heart. You family will continue to be in prayers as your sister contniues her journey towards healing.

Blessings to you and your family Deane.

G. HUBBARD said...

dean our free global SPREAD THE WORD TALK WITH THE LORD PROGRAM INSPIRES DAILY TALKS catch they need your help asking first question our blogs help g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Satan really does try to sneak into our lives through so many avenues, doesn't he Deane? Thankfully, Christ is there to strengthen us against those intrusions.

Have a Blessed Day!