Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crying Out In Our Distress

Are there any of us that have not had some sort of distress? I am sure there is not a single one of us that can truthfully say no. There are days that are full of stress for me but there are other days that seem so peaceful. I would much rather have the peaceful days but if they were all peaceful, why would I need the Lord?


II Samuel 22:7; "In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears". Isn't it wonderful to know we can call on the Lord and our cry will enter into His ears? Every single time I have called upon the Lord, I have confidence He has heard and will hear my cries and will answer them. Because I have faith in my God, I know that every cry will not be answered the way I want it to be but as long as it is answered and is His will, that is what is important.

It is because of the love I have for the Lord and my faith in Him that I know however He chooses to answer my cry for help it will be perfect. I am not saying I would never be disappointed but I know it will be perfect. I believe each time the Lord answers our distress cry it is a gift from Him. The Bible tells us in James 1:17; "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning". We have nothing good but that what we receive from God. So when we cry to Him in our distress and the cry is heard and answered it is from God. I can truthfully say I can and do praise the Lord however He chooses to answer my cry.

I am ashamed to say there have been times I have wondered why He didn't think what I wanted was the best way but once I thought and prayed about it I knew His way was best.

God knows what is best for us, the knowledge we have in this life is incomplete and imperfect. This makes it hard for us to know what is best for us. God knows what will happen so this may be why we are not always helped by God in the way we want. We need to give Him praise and glory for this as what we think we want or need in the time of our distress is not always what is best for us.

I would like to ask you, would you give your child something he wants when you know in the long run he would get hurt or maybe hurt someone else? I am sure the answer to this question would be a great big 'NO'. Well, God is that way with us. I am not saying He never gives us what we want because He certainly does. I am saying He knows what is best for us just as we do our children.

We should live for the Lord continually with no questions asked. Living for Him and wanting what He wants for us is the most important thing. We should live for the things that will guide us to our heavenly home; our highest concern should direct our greatest attention to this permanent home.

The next time you cry out for the Lord in your distress I pray you will want God's will to be done and not yours. He loves you and wants the very, very best for you.

May you always know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!



Good news! Barb is doing better today. The swelling has gone down and the blood pressure is getting back to normal. She still has some fever but she is on antibiotics so I am sure that is helping. She is moving her head and eyes. They have taken her off of the ventilator now. She is trying to make people understand her with head nods and frowns. When Mike left the hospital she wave bye to him.


Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to pray as she is still in critical condition. We appreciate all of your prayers and you have really been a blessing to us. Blessings to all of you.

3 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

So thankful that God is there, we only have to cry out to Him!

Praise God Aunt Barb is doing better. Continuing to pray.

Kandi said...

Deane,

Your family will continue to be in my daily prayers, and I am happy to hear your sister is getting better each day. Wanting God's will is probably one of the hardest things we could ever want because God's will does not mean we will always get our way, sometimes it gets worse before it gets better and that is hard to understand, but what He wants to give us is always perfect, just not easy to accept sometimes.

Blessings to you Deane.

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

While we may not always see that our cries have been heard Deane, we can be comforted by the promise that in truth they are. :-)

And I'm so happy to hear that your sister has improved! Praise God! She will remain in my prayers for a continued and speedy recovery.

Have a Blessed Day!