Sunday, December 25, 2011

If You Look For Me At Christmas


If you look for me
At Christmas

You won't need a special star --
I am no longer just in Bethlehem,
I'm right there where you are.
You may not be aware of Me
amid the celebrations --
You'll have to look beyond the stores
and all the decorations.
But if you take a moment
from your list of things to do
And listen to your heart, you'll find
I'm waiting there for you.
You're the one I want to be with,
You're the reason that I came,
And you'll find Me in the stillness
as I'm whispering your name.
Love,
Jesus

I received the above from a friend via email and wanted to share it with you. I thought this 'letter' was very good. I don't know who wrote it so I am unable to give them credit for it.

Merry Christmas and may you always know the love, joy, and peace of the Lord!

4 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

Beautiful!

Aritha V. said...

It is so great! This poem is also on my blog.

Kandi said...

Deane,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem, it is one worth keeping.

Hoping you and your family had a very merry Christmas.

Blessings,

Kandi

Debi said...

Beautiful! I often wonder just what Jesus would say to us if we would just listen!

As Kandi said, this is definitely a keeper.