Monday, March 14, 2011

Getting Excited

Last night as I was reading my Bible, I really got excited. I was reading about the different stages (if you want to call it that) Jesus went through on His way to be crucified. I was not excited because of the torture, pain, humiliation, and dying He went through but I thought; "I hadn't even be born and yet He went through all of this for me". He also went through all of that for you. How could anyone love someone so much that they would go through what Jesus did. This is true love.

Well, I was wondering today, what could I do to show my love for Him. There are many ways we can do this. The Word tells us to love one another, be kind, be compassionate, caring, understand, do not judge, do not be a hindrance, and it says in II Timothy 2:15; "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".
If we know what the Word of God says we will be able to tell the difference between truth and falsehoods. We are warned in the Bible to heed the ones that want to change what the Bible says. The Bible is the one Book we can trust and be sure it will not be full of falsehoods.

If you are workman and have no training in what you are doing, there will be lots of mistakes in things you do. A workman that is unfaithful or lazy has every right to be ashamed but those workmen that keep to their work are workmen that need not be ashamed. So, a person needs training in their type of work. This is also true with Christians, we need to read and study what the Word of God tells us. When we do this we are being approved of God. We want Him to know how much we love Him, that we want to learn about Him, and what He wants us to know. We need to do our very best for the Lord. We should do no less, Jesus did so much for us.

I get very excited when I am reading and studying the Bible. I know there are things in the Word that God wants me to know. The more I know the more it pleases God. The more I know the more I will be able to tell others. The more I know the harder it is for someone to try to deceive me, especially Satan, the dark one.
The more I read and study the more excited I become. I love being excited. Being excited is not the only reason to study the Word.
Yes, excitement causes me to want to go further into the Word but it also tells me what God wants me to know. Studying God's Word is one way of being approved of and also to show thankfulness for what Jesus has done for me. He didn't have to go through all that agony, torture, humiliation, and dying for me and you but He did because of His love for us. I want Him to know just how thankful I am and how much I love Him. No matter what I do or how much I do, it will never be enough for what He has done for me. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

Thank you for stopping by, I have enjoyed our visit. May you always know the love, joy, and peace, of the Lord.

3 comments:

Debi said...

It's only been recently that I began to take the Scripture II Timothy 2:15; "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." to heart. When I was in college...I studied all the time. When I prepare my sermons...I study. But it's only recently that I have begun really studying the Word when I read for my daily quiet time with God. I love the Word of God! I actually, for the first time, am excited when I do my daily devotions!

Jenifer Metzger said...

I love reading the Word. It is alive! It comforts me. It strengthens me. I love it. GReat post!!

Kristina G said...

Newest follower of your blog! Love it!
Kristina from Blanket Buddies