Thursday, March 17, 2011

We Never Know

My post is a following of Jenifer's today. It is about a young man that was killed in a tragic accident. It was a needless thing that happened. This young man had just turned twenty-one and I am sure had many, many plans for his life. You can go to Jenifer's blog by clicking here Life Is Short to read her post.


We just never know when our time on earth is up. We think we have all the time in the world to do the things we want to do but the truth is, WE MAY NOT HAVE ALL THE TIME THAT WE THINK WE HAVE.

That is why we should seek the Lord. We need to be ready whenever our time is up on earth. Christians know where they will go when their time on earth is up. It will be to heaven and we will be with God. But if you have not asked Jesus to forgive you for your sins and ask Him to be the Lord of your life, you will not have the luxury of heaven.

My heart goes out to the ones that are not Christians, the unbelievers, the ones that say there is no God, and the ones that have backslidden (walked away) from Christ. I am so excited about heaven and I want everyone to go to heaven and be with the Lord. I am realistic though and know not everyone will be there.

There are some that believe once you accept the Lord that you have been as they call it 'once saved always saved', I do not believe this. Proverbs 14:14; "The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself". So, a backslider is one who has turned their heart away from the Lord and His righteousness to go their selfish way. This person will acquire the fruit of the decision they make. Whereas the ones remaining faithful to God will acquire the rewards of righteousness in this life and also in heaven.

Romans 8:23; "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

We just never know when our time to die will be. Matthew 13:32-33; "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son , but the Father. v. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

The Word is warning us to be ready for that day as you will not know the day or time of His coming. I Corinthians 15:52; "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump...". It will just be like the twinkling of an eye. You will not be ready if you have not accept the Lord as your Saviour or if you are living in sin. Are you ready for His coming? I pray that you are. Life is just to short to take the chance of waiting for the right time. The right time is now. You can't wait till you have no sin as Jesus is the only way to wipe your sins away. Won't you please accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour right now?

I am asking if you have not accepted Jesus as your Saviour, won't you do it right now? I want to say the sinner's prayer and invite you to say it with me if you are not sure if you are ready for Heaven, if you have never asked Christ into your heart, or if you feel you need to do it again, please say out loud, this prayer:

"Jesus, please forgive me of all of my sins. I am sorry for everything I have done that is not pleasing to You. Help me to turn away from the wrong and seek You. Help me seek You not just on Sunday but every day. Jesus, I love You and I thank You for forgiving me. Amen."

This prayer was borrowed from Jenifer, author of Sweet Blessings.

I want to welcome you to the family of God. May I say you need to live each day for the Lord and be ready for His coming. I want to encourage you to dig into the Word of God and truly know Him and follow Him. It is wonderful having you in the family of God.

I am so glad you stopped by today. May you always know the love, peace, and joy of God.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Matt's death has definitely been a wake up call. Sometimes we get so caught up in living life that we forget that life is but a fleeting breath. In an instant, our life can be over...we need to live every day to the fullest that we can...and be ready for the call to go home.

I am SO glad to be a part of the family of God! Thank you for this post today!

Jenifer Metzger said...

We never know when something will happen or when our time on earth is up. We need to be prepared. Life is so short and I want to be ready for Heaven