Monday, November 22, 2010

Be Still And Know That I Am God

How many times have we heard the Lord speak to us? He speaks to us in many ways so we should listen so we won't miss Him. "Be still and know that I am God;" Psalms 46:10.

For my husband, God speaks to him through music so he really loves to listen to his gospel music. For me, God usually speaks to me through Scripture although it isn't the only way He speaks to us. He speaks to all of us in different ways.

When God wants us to do something for Him, He will give us a way to do. He won't tell us to do something without giving us a way to do it. So, why is it that we are afraid to do it? Is it because of little faith, is that we are afraid someone will laugh at us, or make us feel like we don't know what we are doing? It should not matter what other people think as long as it comes from God. We are doing it for the Lord and not the people. When we obey the Lord things come easier for us, that is because He is there to help us. If we don't feel we can do this all we have to do is ask God for the way and we will be able to do it, Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Peter had the faith to walk on water but when he took his eyes off of Jesus he began to sink (Matthew 14:29-30). That is how it is with us. We can do all things in Jesus Christ but when we take our eyes off of Him we begin to sink. So, when we are asked to do something, never worry about how we will do it, just remember if God asks us to do it He will have a way for us to do it.

Has God asked you to do something for Him? If He has, won't you do it? One of the ways we can bring glory and honor to God is when we obey him, isn't that what we want?

4 comments:

Dave said...

When we have our eyes on God it is much easer to hear him and respond Thanks for the Blog

Jenifer Metzger said...

Most of the time God speaks to me through a strong feeling He places on my heart. Though there have been many times He has spoken to me through a scripture, music or a friend. But in order to hear Him we must keep our eyes on Him. Thank you for this post!

Debi said...

There is nothing more amazing that when God speaks. It may be through music...scripture...feeling or possibly even the wind blowing! Once in a great while, He will even speak to me in an audible voice! That is so awesome! I love that God speaks to me through music and nature! I am ever amazed at His creation!

P.S. 'Bout time you posted...I've been waiting! :o)

Mandy said...

When God speaks to us we should immediatley say yes because AMAZING things happen when we say YES to God. Thank you for this!